The RCD510 Touchscreen Radio became available as an option on most Volkswagen models from 2010-2016 and can be retrofitted into older models, as well as models which come from the factory with base stereos.
This radio features the following:
- Manufactured by Delphi
- 6.5" Color Touchscreen with 400x240 pixel resolution
- 6 Disc In Dash CD Changer
- SD Card Playback (Slot on faceplate of unit)
- Ipod/External Multimedia Interface (Uses optional MDI input)
- Aux Playback (Uses existing 3.5mm aux input in glovebox/armrest)
- 4x20 watt Built in Amplifier
- Sirius Radio Capable
- Displays Audio/Radio information on instrument Cluster (Highline Displays only)
- Bluetooth Audio Playback (Requires 9W2/9W7 Bluetooth Module to be installed and programmed in vehicle)
- AC Revision- Introduced in 2010. Includes all of the features listed above
- AD Revision- Introduced in 2011. Adds HD Radio to the AC Revision.
- AE/AF Revision- Introduced in 2012. Adds Bluetooth Phone Control to the AD revision. These units introduce a "Phone" Button on the right hand side of the faceplate, which activates this phone function. Once your Cellular phone is connected to a connected bluetooth module, you can place calls via the on-screen dialpad, view your Phonebook, and accept/reject calls. If your vehicle is a 2010 or newer with a White font highline display, this information will show on your display.
- F/H Revision- Introduced in 2014. These units introduce a rearview camera input. This input is visible as a yellow 32-pin input in the rear of the unit.
- AM/FM Adapter (Link to item in our Web Store)
- Sirius Extension Cable (if your stock radio had Sirius Radio capabilities. To determine if your stock radio had Sirius Radio, look underneath your passenger seat or trunk for a Sirius Module. Also, look for a shark fin antenna on your roof, as opposed to a whip antenna) (Link to item in our Web Store)
- External Sirius Antenna (If your vehicle does not have a Sirius module from the factory) (Link to item in our Web Store)
- Bluetooth Module and MDI Input. Optional, if those features are desired.